“Discover the best of Southern California culture. Offering the most authentic surf lifestyle coupled with 17 kilometres of uninterrupted coastline, Huntington Beach is a welcoming town where visitors can feel at home on the sand. Warm and mild temperatures and year-round sun offer the perfect setting for a wide variety of outdoor activities, fantastic shopping, unbeatable dining and lots of fun. With the most consistent waves on the West Coast and surfing as a way of life, this is the only place that can be called Surf City USA®.”
In October 2015, I was fortunate enough to take part in an agent trip offered to itravel that visited Southern California. Below is how we spend those awesome couple of days:-
- Arrive LAX on VA1. Process through customs and pick up luggage.
- Meet your host at the arrivals area and catch the shuttle to the car hire depot and pick up vehicles.
- Drive from LAX to Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance
- Arrive at Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance. Check in and freshen up.
- Collect Disneyland Park Hopper tickets.
- Enjoy Disneyland and California Adventures
- Viewing of the Paint the Night and Disneyland Forever Parades
- Meet in lobby of Courtyard Anaheim to walk to breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel
- Have a Disney Character breakfast at Goofy’s Kitchen 10am – 8pm Enjoy Disneyland and California Adventures
- Breakfast at “The Market” café in hotel lobby
- Meet in Courtyard Anaheim Lobby to walk next door to Howard Johnson.
- Site inspection of Howard Johnson – #1 seller for the moderate tier Anaheim properties
- 10am Free time – Stroll Downtown Disney, hit the hotel’s waterpark, or just relax!
- 12noon Check out and drive to Huntington Beach
- Lunch In-N-Out Burger lunch on the road
- Arrive in Surf City USA and check in to the Kimpton Shorebreak
Ocean breezes and sunshine are your sidekicks in our chill corner of paradise. Give them some hang time. Shorebreak is your coastal crash pad, and it’s not like other Huntington Beach hotels. We define surfer cool, but think beyond the boardshorts. Shake off the sand and enjoy our scene, just steps from the shoreline. Raise a glass on the lively outdoor patio. Retreat to your quiet-harbor guestroom at our laid back Huntington Beach boutique hotel. The beach is your backyard and fun-loving Main Street is just a block away — for the wild child inside you.
- 2:30 pm Electric Bike Rentals at Pedego Bikes
Pedego Electric Bikes, with their classic California styling, are the most popular bikes in the US – combining style and function to open up cycling to anyone who might otherwise not be getting the benefits from bike riding. You’ll love it so much, they guarantee you’ll come back from your ride wearing a huge smile!
- Meet in Lobby to walk to dinner
- Dinner at BLK
BLK features the finest ocean view dining of the beach area and specializes in Kobe Style Beef hand-cut steaks, chops, and seafood. The distinctive menu comprised of contemporary American cuisine is prepared on either a Hickory woodfire grill or in a 1600 degree specialty Steak broiler creating delicious and savory flavors in all the meat, poultry and seafood dishes.
- Walk to Bonfire and S’mores on the Beach with Waterfront Adventures
Located on the beach at Pacific Coast Highway and Twin Dolphin Drive (between the Hilton and Hyatt resorts). Watch the sun go down over the Pacific Ocean while enjoying a warm bonfire and delicious s’mores, an “All American” treat that is a combination of toasted marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers – all provided by Waterfront Adventures Beach Butler Bonfire Service.